STAY IN TOUCH
The Officers of the Society shall be a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary and a Treasurer and any such other Officers as the Board of Directors may, by By-Law, determine.
- The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Society. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Society and of the Board of Directors, shall have the general and active management of the affairs of the Society and shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board of Directors are carried into effect.
- The Vice-President shall, in the absence or disability of the President, perform the duties and exercise the powers of the President and shall perform such other duties as shall from time to time be imposed upon him by the Board of Directors.
- The Treasurer shall have the custody of the funds and securities of the Society and shall keep full and accurate accounts of all assets, liabilities, receipts and disbursements of the Society in the books belonging to the Society and shall deposit all monies, securities, in such registered dealer in securities from time to time. The Treasurer shall disburse the funds of the Society taking proper vouchers for such disbursements, and shall render an accounting of all the transactions and a statement of the financial position, of the Society. The Treasurer shall also perform such other duties as notifying the members of the corporation of fees or dues owing to the Society, preparing a projected One (1) year budget for the Society and working in conjunction with the Auditors of the Society during any audit of the financial affairs of the Society.
- The Secretary shall attend all meetings and act as clerk thereof and record all votes and minutes of all proceedings in the books to be kept for that purpose. The Secretary shall give notice of all meetings of the members and of the Board of Directors, under whose supervision he/she shall be, including without limitation receiving, processing and maintaining a complete file of the Society's correspondence, maintaining a current roster of the members of the Society, keeping due note of the changes of address or in status of any of the members of the Society and maintaining an archive of the Society's publications. The Secretary shall be custodian of the seal of the Society, which he/she shall deliver only when authorized by a resolution of the Board of Directors.
- The duties of all other Officers of the Society shall be such as the terms of their engagement call for or the Board of Directors requires of them.
Board of Directors
The property and business of the corporation shall be managed by a Board of Directors, comprised of a minimum of Three (3) and a maximum of Seven (7) Directors. There shall at all times be, on the Board of Directors of the corporation, a number of Canadian Directors at least equal to the majority of the Board of Directors.
- The Directors of the Society administer the affairs of the corporation.
- The Directors can authorize expenditures on behalf of the Society.
- The Directors can enter into a trust arrangement with a trust company for the purpose of creating a trust fund in which the capital and interest may be made available for the benefit of promoting the interest of the Society in accordance with such terms as the Board of Directors may prescribe.
- The Directors can acquire, accept, solicit or receive legacies, gifts, grants, settlements, bequests, endowments and donations of any kind whatsoever for the purpose of furthering the objects of the Society.
- The Directors may appoint agents and engage employees as it shall deem necessary from time to time, who shall have authority and perform duties as prescribed by the Board of Directors.