STAY IN TOUCH
The International Mycorrhiza Society (IMS) is comprised of the following committees:
There shall, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, be an Executive Committee composed of a minimum of Three (3) Directors who shall be appointed by the Board of Directors. The Executive Committee shall exercise responsibilities as are authorized by the Board of Directors. These can include but are not limited to those mentioned for the Board of Directors.
The Nominations Committee which shall:
- Be entrusted inter alia with the responsibility of creating and maintaining, annually, a list of those members of the society wishing to be elected to the Board of Directors or as President of the society;
Planning and Development Committee
The Planning and Development Committee which shall:
- Be entrusted with inter alia promoting the activities and objects of the corporation, increasing the membership of the society, organizing fund raising and related activities and organizing the corporation's strategic planning process.
The Awards Committee which shall inter alia:
- Establish awards for the recognition of the contributions made by individuals and / or corporate entities to the study of mycorrhizae, propose potential sources of funds for such awards, obtain funds for such awards from various sources, prepare, annually, a list of potential nominees for such awards and submit such list, annually, to the Board of Directors for approval at least Sixty (60) days prior to the International Conference.
The Policy Committee which shall inter alia:
- Receive, from the members of the society, submissions pertaining to potential topics and issues for commissioned papers; ii.Propose to the Board of Directors various topics pertaining to the study of mycorrhizae;
- Under the direction of the Board of Directors, solicit or commission the development of papers on relevant current issues on mycorrhizal biology or policy on which the society does not intend to make formal policy statements but which, when and if published, shall be identified as a topic of special interest to the society;
- Upon the direction and / or with the approval of the Board of Directors, commission papers and / or studies leading to formal statements of the society on science-related issues; v.Review papers and / or studies commissioned upon the direction and / or with the approval of the Board of Directors;
- At its sole discretion, request and obtain external review of any papers and / or studies commissioned upon the direction and / or with the approval of the Board of Directors;
- Develop informational materials consistent with the aims / objects of the society; and
- Release and / or publish any and all informational materials after having obtained the approval of same by the Board of Directors.
Mycorrhizal Commercial Relations Committee (MCRC)
The Mycorrhizal Commercial Relations Committee (MCRC) which shall inter alia be responsible for:
- Promoting and facilitating collaborations between Governmental and/or Academic institutions and commercial enterprises in order to obtain the recognition of mycorrhizal fungi as a fundamentally important and suitable technology for agriculture, forestry, horticulture and other plant-related applications;
- Supporting the development and recognition of an objective quality assurance methodology acceptable to participating members;
- Creating a seal of approval to be affixed on commercial products satisfying the objective quality assurance methodology developed by the Committee;
- Issuing the seal of approval to commercial products having been tested by an independent laboratory sanctioned by the Committee and the Board of Directors and having met the objective quality assurance methodology developed by the Committee;
- With the prior approval of the Board of Directors, proposing topics of concern and commissioning papers leading to formal statements supported by the corporation on issues relating to the commercial aspects of mycorrhizal technologies and / or the mycorrhizal commercial products bearing the seal of approval issued by the Committee; and
- Coordinating and organizing a symposium and business meeting at each International Conference.
Local International Conference Committee
A Local International Conference Committee which shall inter alia:
- Be responsible for the organization of general meetings and workshops to be held at the time and location of the International Conference;
- Be responsible for the organization of general meetings and workshops to be held at the time and location of any related conferences in which the society shall participate;
- Ensure that the registration fees for the International Conference and / or for any related conferences shall comprise inter alia an amount equal to the membership fees or dues established by the Board of Directors.